We’d like to bring your attention to Walk Free’s campaign to end conflict minerals. Its campaign action allows supporters to email their MEPs about the European Commission’s proposal on responsible mining, and has been endorsed by around 20 organisations.
The email content changes according to which country you select to submit the action from. At the moment there are only a few variations, but Walk Free hopes to be able to incorporate more:
- Anyone selecting the UK will send a message to MEPs that cover their regional constituency (based on their postcode)
- Anyone selecting Germany will send a message to MEPs that cover their regional constituency (based on their postcode)
- Anyone selecting an EU country that isn’t the UK or Germany will send a message to a randomly selected group of MEPs that varies every time the page is refreshed
- Anyone selecting Italy will send a slightly varied message to their MEPs to acknowledge the Italian presidency of the Council of the EU
- Anyone selecting a non-EU country will see the following text: This campaign does not apply in your country yet – you can still take action against conflict minerals by calling on Nintendo to ensure its products are slavery-free.